Exposição que começará no Design Museum:
1. Antonio. Joanne Landis Carnegie Hall Studio, New York Times Magazine. 1967
2. Mats Gustafson. Romeo Gigli, Vogue Italia. 1990
3. Antonio. Lingerie, Elle France. 1966
4. Bouché. Portrait of Mona Bismarck, Vogue US.
5. Aurore de la Morinerie. Couture I, 2010
6. Francois Berthoud, Loves me Loves me Not, Myla UK – 2001
03 November – 06 March 2011
Drawing Fashion celebrates a unique collection of some of the most remarkable fashion illustrations from the twentieth and twenty first centuries. These original works define the fine art of illustrating fashion, from the collections of Chanel, Dior, Comme des Garçons and Poiret as well as Viktor & Rolf, Lacroix and McQueen.
This exhibition showcases fashion illustrators at their creative heights: Lepape at the beginning of the century, Gruau in the 40’s and 50’s, Antonio throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s, to current artists Mats Gustafson, Aurore de la Morinerie and Francois Berthoud. Film-clips, news reels, music and photography will sit alongside the original illustrations to reflect not only the spirit and the style of the decades but also the wider social and cultural changes of the century.
It will be the first time this collection, which was put together over 30 years by Joelle Chariau of Galerie Bartsch & Chariau, has been displayed.
We would like to thank the following organisations for their support:
John Jones Frame Design
Morgans Hotel Group